GARREVAQUES PICNIC AREA
Garrevaques is linked to the history of its castle built in 1470. On April 1st 1797 Garrevaques absorbed the municipality of Gandels and became Garrevaques Gandels in the year 1801. The Viscount of Turenne laid siege to the castle during the Wars of Religion (Catholics against Protestants) in 1530. He bombed the rampart with culevrin and took it after a week. the castle was partially burnt down in 1790, during the Revolution, and rebuilt at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1944, the castle was occupied by the Waffen SS.