PUECHOURSI PICNIC AREA
The "community" of Puéchoursy has existed, as far back as we can find, since at least the 17th century. In 1696, under Louis XIV, the commune deposited its coat of arms at the time of the constitution of the armorial of Hozier kept in the reading room of the manuscripts department of the National. The heraldic definition of the coat of arms is as follows: "Argent, a bear Sable passing on a small mount Vert, on a chief Azure a fleur-de-lys Or". In Occitan, the name of the municipality is Puèg (hill) Orsin (bear), which is well related to the coat of arms. We have not been able to find the reason for the presence of a bear on our coat of arms (presence of a bear? existence of a bear watchman? ...).